Sunday, November 13, 2005

Yet another uneventful week

As the title suggests this was yet another uneventful week. Mostly it was the 'home to office back home' mundane routine. Apart from this there was a marriage of one of my colleagues which I attended on Thursday. As all other marriages in Andhra it was at night. Though we stayed only for a while it was a break from the monotony of life and I enjoyed it. [The food deserves mention here].
Also, this week deserves a special mention in bringing back my reading interests. I got to read two books - 'One night @ the call centre' by Chetan Bhagat and 'Harmful Intent' by Robin Cook [I've been unable to finish this book for the past one month]. 'One night..' was OK types and nowhere near to 'Five point someone'. Too much fantasy. The second book was really boring till half the book but was interesting thereafter.
The weekend was a bit better. On saturday, I got up at 11 (early for my standards and that too on a weekend:-)). Yamini had just returned from Pune and we had to catch up on the gossips for that week ;-). We then rummaged through her shopping from Pune and even had a mini catwalk with the models Ayesha and Shika ;-).Then we decided to go out for lunch and thanks to Yamini's grumbling stomach we made it much earlier than we expected. Went to Cook's touch...the food was really bad. So we decided to revive our spirits with desserts at 'Temptations'. However I resisted my 'temptation' in an effort to curtail the addition of a few kilos and was successful :-))
We then started our shopping with Hyd Central. After successfully covering every floor in Central I forced everyone to go to the food court. I wanted to have something the name of which I still dont know :-( [It resembles the 'pepsi' which used to be available in my school days. Just flavoured ice...but really yummy..slurp]. I searched through their menu and the display counters too but couldn't find it. So settled for a Cafe Latte. (I'm not mentioning the scornful looks I got from Yamini when she saw what I got). Not satisfied with the number of covers in hand we decided to go to Cherma's next.
Again we scanned all the floors of Cherma's and by the time we finished our shopping we were damn tired. The person at the counter in Cherma's told us that there was some scratch card gift concept and made me fill 6 coupons :-( We then came home and started deciding where to go for dinner. We decided to go to 'Aunty's house' [Its an awesome mess in our area and I dunno if thats the real name....I guess it is Yamini's name for it..anyway...sounds good]. Unfortunately it was closed. We then had dinner at 'Punjab kee Rasoi'. Was pretty decent.
On Sunday, I watched Ghajini [I've been waiting long to see this movie]. I liked it a lot...Surya was really smart!! and Asin too was at her best(lucky girl :-( )
So thats how this week ended....and its time for me to leave.

1 comment:

Anand said...

oei... uneventful week ku bathila... eventful weekendnu vechi irukalaam.. ippadi oooru suthitu appuram enna.. US vara shopping ellam overa? Hyd la irukka ellathaiyum vangitu vanthudaathey... :P

good to hear about things happening there..