Thursday, March 16, 2006

Partha Mudhal.....

Had a hectic day at office and just thought of listening to some music. "Vettaiyaadu vilayaadu" caught my eyes on Raaga's front page. Though I had heard from some of my friends about the songs that was the first time I was seeing the songs on Raaga. I just ran through the singers and Bombay Jayashree's song got my full attention. Expectations raised especially because it was a Harris Jayaraj - Bombay Jayashree venture. I enjoyed the song very much. Jayashree's husky voice is just awesome! Couldn't stop from repeating it over and over again. However this song seems slightly different from her previous hits - Vaseegara and Ondra Renda. It has a comparitively faster beat and not as romantic as them :-) Also it seemed a little bit like a rhyme.
Vaseegara is the still the "most romantic" song I've ever heard.

PS: These are just my opinions on the song. I know that my taste is almost 360 degrees different from many :-D

6 comments:

Anand said...

pisthu song.. but highly inspried from his previous Suttum vizhi chudare....

I like all the songs in VV. my winamp playing olny songs from it for the past two weeks :)

Naresh Chandrasekaran said...

yeah.. but somehow I felt the song lost rhythm in the Anupallavi and charanam.
Btw, the 'Sudum Nilavu' song in Thambi is amazingly awesome. Unnikrishnan at one of his best renditions :-)

kuttichuvaru said...

ya i too thought it was like a rhyme initially, tat too with the beats in the background... but after a few times, it has joined one of my favs... pay attention to the lyrics... Thamarai is a genius in writin abt really simple things in life yet they bring out the utmost meaning!!

Arvind Sharma said...

Great song, I have been in an infinite loop on this ever since the first time I listened to it!
Anyone has any idea what is "kathagai" in the line "En kathagai thangiya un mugam un mugam endrum maraiyathae!"?

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! new pda for cingular Summer study abroad scholarship

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Saab 9 3 sport saloon door handle http://www.patent-leather.info/How_to_patent_idea.html Zithromax sample Son oral sex Hummer 5th wheels bmw 1200 rs bmw high performance